Historic three gates lead you into the Ashikaga School.
The first is Nyutoku gate, the second is School gate, and the last is Kyodan gate.
These are all national historic sites.
- Nyutoku gate
- Nyutoku is derived from the Chinese characters for "enter" and "virtue". It can be interpreted to mean that by proceeding with the course of study, one enters into the Confucian way of virtue. This gate was erected in 1668.
- School gate
- It is known as School gate due to its framed tablet of the Chinese characters that depict "school". It was erected in 1668.
- Kyodan gate
- The name of this gate is derived from the academy where Confucius first began to teach his course of study. It was erected in 1668.
It is the oldest Confucian shrine still existing in Japan. The seated image of Confucius, the image of Lord Ono-no Takamura and 4 wooden memorial tablets are dedicated in this wooden structure, that the style of construction was modeled after that used in Ming Dynasty, China.
- The seated image of Confucius
- The seated image of Confucius rests in the center of the Coufucian shrine. Completed in 1535, this wooden statue has been designated a cultural treasure of Tochigi Prefecture.
- The image of Lord Ono-no Takamura
- It is one of theories that the school was founded by Lord Ono-no Takamura, and it seems to have been dedicated as the originator.
Kanafuri matu , pine tree
There is an old story that a student wrote a difficult word that he didn't know how to read and couldn't understand on a piece of paper and hung it on this tree. The next morning he found the answer. And after, many people became to follow him. And it became to be called this pine tree "Kanafuri matu".
- Song Dynasty publication, Monzen
- It is the anthology of poetry which were written by typical literary men during about 1,000 years, from Zhou Dynasty to Liang Dynasty. The 60th volume had been repaired, and inside of it, you can see the description "the donation by Hojo Ujimasa", the mark of Chinese ink Kanazawa Bunko had stamped, and so on.
- Song Dynasty edition, Shuekichuso
- It is the book about the art of divination which had been used to excute in Zhou Dynasty. It is the original text of the art of divination and one of the 5 important scripture,basic literature about Confucianism.
- Song Dynasty edition Shoushoseigi
- It is the history book and you can see the words of not only kings but also worriors of lower classes. It is one of the 5 important scriptures.
- Song Dynasty edition Raikiseigi
- It is the book about the way of ceremony for example, Sekiten, and manners of dairy time. It is also callsd "Raiki" and one of the 5 important scriptures.